Pages

Anja's Artblog

Monday 27 June 2011

KaKAO-cards #1 & #2

I've just painted my very first couple of KaKAO's -  Kartenkunst, Auflagen und Originale - or better ATC's - Artist Trading Cards - I prefer the German name though.:D


They've been around for ages and I always quite enjoyed looking at them but never really knew what they're all about.^-^ I knew that they would be traditional painted images on small sized cards, but I never though they might be THAT small! D:< I mean 2,5 x 3,5 inches is ridiculously tiny!!! It definitely takes much patience and attention to create a nice one and it took me way longer than I would have imagined.... ._."
Anyway, I love the fact that they're created to get exchanged against cards by other artists and I definately want to get a huge collection of them!*-* So I'd better get started now to produce some I can trade at the Connichi in September. I'm really looking forward to it.<3

I found this charming tiny book at Camden Market - which I do love above all other shopping possibilities London has to offer :D - and the format fits the measurements KaKAO cards should have perfectly, so I'm gonna use it to collect some ideas and the cards. I did customise it a bit as well..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment